Architectural Services



Once conformation has been given to proceed with our service, we will need to carry out a fully dimensional survey of your property. We can arrange a suitable time when it will be convenient to both yourself and us to be able to do this, when we will be happy to answer any other queries you may have.


We can produce CAD drawings (computer aided design) for your existing building. Usually a full site measurement survey needs to be carried out and then we can produce scaled drawings showing existing plans, elevations, sections, as well as photographic catalogue. 

We require 60% deposit before we start the design work and 40% paid before final submission to you as final.


We can submit outline drawings before submitting a full planning application. This can help you overcome potential difficulties and make sure your application covers everything that's needed.

The time and effort spent in preparing your plans and discussing them with the local authority is more likely to result in a good quality and acceptable development. It will also help us process your scheme more quickly. The views expressed are those of the case officer only. The advice will only be applicable while there is no change in policy or other relevant circumstances.

All significant development proposals must be assessed by our Design Review panel. Their reviews take place at an early stage, before a planning application is submitted.

We require 60% deposit before we start the design work and 40% paid before submission to council.

ER Architectural Design has no control over the decision of any planning application.


Construction of new buildings and extensive changes to existing buildings usually requires consent from the local planning authority in the form of planning permission.This may involves the creation of a new house, either by building from scratch or a subdivision, needs planning permission. Adding outbuildings or building extensions requires planning permission depending on the size of the project and the level of Permitted Development rights afforded to or still remaining on a property. 

We can prepare and submit full plan drawings for planning permission approval from your local authority. Decision by the council can take up to 8 weeks.

We require 60% deposit before we start the design work and 40% paid before final submission to council.

The client is required to pay council fee for planning approval depending on the type of application.


ER Architectural Design has no control over the decision of any planning application.


Building Regulations approval is a separate matter from obtaining planning permission for the work you may wish to carry out. In certain cases, you may not require planning permission but will require a full set of building regulations drawings, which comply to the latest building control regulations, and the development is allowable under permitted development rights.
The Building Control Application is usually applied for once planning permission has been approved. The building Regulations covers everything from structural stability, electrical installations, drainage, fire safety, thermal efficiency, etc.
We can prepare your application in accordance with the Approved Documents to ensure that your scheme complies with the current building regulations. Typically this includes fully dimensioned floor plans, sections and elevations along with any pertinent details and a specification of the works.
Depending on the complexity of the scheme, we may need to commission other design professionals such as Structural Engineers, Acoustic Consultants, Fire Engineers, etc. 
An application for Building Regulation Approval typically involves two stage payments to your local authority. The first payment is made when the plans are deposited and the second when the work commences. The local authority fees are based on the type of work and fee schedules can be found on most local authority web sites. Once we know the full aspects of your scheme we will be able to give you an indication of the building regulation fees prior to submission.
Once your application is submitted approval is normally received within 6 weeks. Sometimes the local authority will conditionally approve an application and as such adequate time must be set aside for the conditions to be discharged prior to commencement.
If you are a property owner, it is important to ensure that all work carried out on your development complies with Building Regulations standards. Building Regulations approval is required for most building work in the UK, and this may include new builds, loft conversions, extensions, alterations and residential conversions.

We require 60% deposit before we start the design work and 40% paid before final submission to council
The client is required to pay council fee for building regulation depending on the type of application.


Once drawings are completed and you’re happy with the final design we will submit them on your behalf to the local authority.  We will keep you fully informed at each stage of the submission. We will email you a confirmation once the application has been submitted together with full instructions on separate payments required for councils fees and, additional information.


Prior to starting construction we advise all our clients to prepare a detail tender package; this allows the contractors to give a detail fee proposal in relation to the tender documents
We can submit tender drawings made to a prospective building contractor to an invitation to tender. Contractor bids can vary and it will help the client decide which price will fit within their budget.
We require 100% payment for tender submissions.


This type of application only applies to certain domestic buildings were full planning permission might not be required and you can built under the section 192 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
If the local planning authority is satisfied that the appropriate legal tests have been met, it will grant a lawful development certificate. There are 2 types of lawful development certificate. A local planning authority can grant a certificate confirming that:
(a) an existing use of land, or some operational development, or some activity being carried out in breach of a planning condition, is lawful for planning purposes under section 191 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990; or
(b) a proposed use of buildings or other land, or some operations proposed to be carried out in, on, over or under land, would be lawful for planning purposes under section 192 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
For peace of mind we can apply for a lawful development certificate on your behalf with all necessary drawings and documents to obtain the legal proof.